I founded Indie Connect in September 2008. We provide music industry training and networking opportunities for singers, musicians songwriters and music industry professionals. Our mission is:
‘To ensure that a career in the music industry is a viable, profitable and sustainable option for anyone who wants it.”
We specialize in several distinct areas:
- Artist Management. We represent serious established artists who perform mostly in concert venues.
- Pro Artist Consulting . We choose exceptionally talented artists and develop their careers to the point where they can attract a manager and/or a booking agency.
- Live and Online Workshops and Courses – We host workshops and develop online courses for musicians and industry professionals.
- Music Industry Training. We have an in-depth website with video workshops and 300+ articles on all aspects of building a music career.
- Music Industry Networking: Indie Connect runs multiple music industry networking events as well as workshops in the Nashville area.
Cartne will be, in essence, Web MD for the music industry. We are producing over 700 videos on 1) how the music industry works, 2) how to avoid getting ripped off or scammed, and 3) all the career opportunities that exist in and around the industry.
Virtual Music Conference
In 2013 Indie Connect produced the world’s first music conference to be held exclusively online! 500 people from 25 countries gathered together online for 3 days, networking, showcasing their music and/or showcasing their businesses or products. The event also featured 50 of the industry’s top speakers from 15 countries, sharing their wisdom, experience and knowledge. It was a hugely successful event except for some technical snags in the software we leased.
We reprised the event in 2020 with the ‘Reignite The Music’ Virtual Music Conference!